Hospital / Vet Clinic hours
Our centre is closed on Anzac Day, Easter Friday, Easter Sunday, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
SPCA's Centre in Auckland is the biggest and busiest centre in the country. It was founded in 1883 and has been protecting animals for 130 years since.
We are on a 10 acre plot, located south of the City near the airport, and are lucky to have fantastic teams across all areas of work.
Often referred to as ‘The Animal Village’, our centre accommodates several different teams, around 120 staff altogether, all working collaboratively to provide the best outcome for our animals.
- A well-equipped hospital where our team of vets and vet nurses can carry out a range of surgeries for animals in need, from routine desexing to much more complex procedures.
- A farm area, where large animals can be housed and cared for.
- Feline, small animal and canine rehabilitation facilities and adoption areas.
- A specialised call centre as well as a fundraising office.
- Our Canine Confidence Course.
- A large team of warranted animal welfare Inspectors who cover a 7,980 sq. kms area across the Auckland region.
Each year we see around 15,000 animals arrive at the centre who have been abandoned or neglected. During our busiest periods we can have around 500 cats and kittens and up to 200 dogs in our care, including out at foster homes.
We are extremely lucky to have hundreds of volunteers who devote their free time to helping the Auckland centre create the best life possible for the animals who need us; this ranges from cleaning out dog pens, to fostering sick animals or working in one of our eight op shops across the city.
Fundraising for us
SPCA Guardians and donors
For enquiries about your monthly donations and other donation enquiries, please call our fundraising team on 09 256 7307 or email email@example.com.
If you would like to donate goods for our op shops or the animals at the centre, they can be dropped into the donation shed (inside the front gate) at the SPCA Animal Village.
Can’t get to the Animal Village? Drop your donation off at your nearest op shop and it will find its way to the village.
If you have furniture, or any other bulky items, please call the Howick Op Shop on 09 537 9456. They will be more than happy to arrange a pick up for you in most areas of Auckland.