Auckland (Mangere) Centre
Under Alert Level 1, our centre can reopen, however entry will be by appointment only for those picking up an adopted animal or dropping off/picking up a foster animal.
Please call our centre to make an appointment on the number below. Physical distancing will still be observed and you will need to fill in contact tracing information.
Making a difference in AucklandVolunteer with us
Under Alert Level 1, our centre can reopen, however entry will be by appointment only for those picking up an adopted animal or dropping off/picking up a foster animal. Please call our centre to make an appointment on the number below.
SPCA's Centre in Mangere/Auckland is the biggest and busiest centre in the country. It was founded in 1883 and has been protecting animals for 130 years since.
We are on a 10 acre plot, located south of the City near the airport, and are lucky to have fantastic teams across all areas of work.
Often referred to as ‘The Animal Village’, our centre accommodates several different teams, around 120 staff altogether, all working collaboratively to provide the best outcome for our animals.
- A well-equipped hospital where our team of vets and vet nurses can carry out a range of surgeries for animals in need, from routine desexing to much more complex procedures.
- A farm area, where large animals can be housed and cared for.
- Feline, small animal and canine rehabilitation facilities and adoption areas.
- A specialised call centre as well as a fundraising office.
- Our Canine Confidence Course.
- A large team of warranted animal welfare Inspectors who cover a 7,980 sq. kms area across the Auckland region.
Each year we see around 15,000 animals arrive at the centre who have been abandoned or neglected. During our busiest periods we can have around 500 cats and kittens and up to 200 dogs in our care, including out at foster homes.
We are extremely lucky to have hundreds of volunteers who devote their free time to helping the Auckland centre create the best life possible for the animals who need us; this ranges from cleaning out dog pens, to fostering sick animals or working in one of our eight op shops across the city.
If you’re enquiring about a dog for adoption or have recently adopted a dog, please call 09 256 7309.
For enquiries about cats and small animals for adoption, please call 09 256 7300 ext 8744 or 8862.
For farm animals & poultry, please contact our Farm Team on 09 256 2524.