We are always grateful for donations of quality goods - either for use at our animal centres or for sale at one of our many opshops across the country.
Goods for use at our centres
If you're looking to donate items to be used in our animal centres, then we need:
- Cat/kitten toys (plastic is best), ping pong balls and fabric tunnels
- Dog/puppy toys – tough rubber toys, such as Kongs are best
- Rabbit/Guinea pig enrichment items, such as fleece tunnels/tiles/hay racks/feed balls; and toys (hard plastic baby toys work perfectly)
- Interactive or slow feeders, and food bowls
- Litter trays and cat litter
- Scratching posts
- Carry cages (ideally top-loaders with a plastic bottom and wire top so we can clean them to a high standard)
- Kids' plastic climbing frames
- Dog kennels and beds
- Rabbit hutches
- Blue shell pools
- Old newspapers
- Towels, sheets, duvet covers and blankets (especially polar fleece blankets) – but please NO duvet inners, pillows or pillow cases, mattresses, bean bags or electric blankets
- Dishwashing detergent and washing powder
- Unopened pet food that we can give out to the community – particularly wet kitten and puppy food
Any unused and unwanted medication should primarily be taken to your vet to use or dispose of. If you wish to donate medication to us, please call the relevant centre first to check that it's something we can use.
If you would like to donate any of these items, they can be dropped to your local SPCA centre
Can't get to your centre? Drop your donation off at your nearest Op Shop and it will find its way to the animal centre.
If you have furniture, or any other bulky items, some opshops can pick up from your house. Just check on the opshop profile whether there is a pickup phone number for your area.
If you can't get to an Opshop, drop your pre-loved goods to your nearest SPCA centre instead.