References to “you” and “your” in this policy mean those individuals using our website or services.
1. What personal information do we collect?
We collect the personal information you give to us when you fill in data fields and submit that information to us while using this website. This information will include your name, date of birth, address, contact number(s) and email address. If you sign up to be a volunteer, we will also collect additional information relevant to processing your application. If you make an online donation we will collect information about donation dates and amounts so we can issue you with a receipt. We use a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard compliant hosted payment service to process payment card transactions. We do not collect or store your payment card details. Your payment card details will only be collected and held securely by our third party payment processor.
2. When do we collect personal information through this website?
We collect personal information through the website when you:
- make donations through the website or, purchase merchandise online; sign an SPCA petition or enter a competition online
- request to receive our communications (such as our e-newsletters), which we make available through this website or use one of our online forms on this site.
3. How do we use personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to reply to your queries;
- to process your donation;
- to provide you with information on our products or services;
- to inform you of our offers or other information we consider you would be interested in;
- to send you donation appeal letters;
- to tailor information on this website to your preferences (see information on cookies below)
- to correspond with you in relation to any competition you have entered or petition you have signed;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected;
- for our administrative purposes.
4. How do we store personal information?
We store personal data electronically and in paper form. The personal information is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security.
5. How you can access and request correction of your personal information?
If you would like to access or request correction of any personal information which we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at SPCA, PO Box 15 349, New Lynn, Auckland 0640.
6. Do we share or disclose your personal information?
We will disclose personal information about you (including your identity) to a third party if we are required to do so in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations, or if we determine that the disclosure is necessary in connection with a complaint regarding your use of the website or when we use the services of third parties to administer this website.
7. For how long do we hold personal information?
We will keep your personal information for only as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it.
8. What are cookies and do we use them?
10. Who can you contact for further information?
More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.org.nz or PO Box 10 094, The Terrace, Wellington 6143.