Hospital / Vet Clinic hours
Making a difference in WellingtonVolunteer with us
The SPCA has been in Wellington over 130 years and now has pride of place in the old Fever Hospital in the Green belt in Newtown on Mount Victoria.
The Fever Hospital was originally open in 1919 for human patients and was open just before Christmas 2013 just for animals.
As well as space for animals to be rehomed, the SPCA’s Wellington Centre, known as the Margaret Doucas Animal Hospital has a full veterinary hospital providing care for the animals in the community as well as those in SPCA care.
With a focus on community engagement and proactive solutions to animal needs, there is also the opportunity to hire areas of the Centre for functions and events.
Due to limited space and resources, unfortunately the SPCA does not usually accept owned animals into our care.
As a charity, we do not have sufficient space and resources to provide a rehoming service for owned animals, and have to prioritise sick, stray or injured animals.
If you need to rehome your pet, please click here for advice.
Services we offer
- Johnsonville Op Shop
- Lower Hutt Op Shop
- Petone Op Shop
- Tree of Remembrance
- Noah's Coffee Cart
- Upper Hutt Op Shop
- Wellington Animal Assisted Activities Programme
- Wellington Animal Crew School Holiday Programme
- Wellington Animal Crew Weekend Animal Events
- Wellington Birthday Parties
- Wellington Centre Pet Store
- Wellington Classroom Visits
- Wellington Conference and Functions Venue Hire - The Ward
- Wellington Dog Wash
- Wellington Veterinary Clinic
- Wellington Workplace Visits