Veterinary & Hospital – Canine Volunteer
Do you love dogs? Volunteers in this area will help out in the canine vet care area. Work includes cleaning the pens, feeding puppies, setting up beds, toys and play areas, as well as walking and training the puppies.
Volunteers in this role must be confident around puppies and small dogs. The animals in this area can often be scared and stressed so will require gentle and quiet handling.
There is an opportunity for this role to cross over with regular vet care duties, you will be able to gain experience with a number of different species eg cats, kittens, rabbits, guinea pigs.
- Minimum age: 16 years.
- Personal time commitment: You must be able to commit to a regular shift for a period of at least six months.
- Training: you will be required to attend training sessions for your specific area, in addition to receiving training while on-the-job during your shift.
- This shift is available on weekdays only from 1pm – 3pm.
- Monday: 8AM - 12PM
- Tuesday: 8AM - 12PM, 3PM - 5PM
- Wednesday: 8AM - 12PM
- Thursday: 8AM - 12PM
- Friday: 8AM - 12PM
- Saturday: 8AM - 12PM, 3PM - 5PM
- Sunday: 3PM - 5PM
For: Veterinary & Hospital – Canine Volunteer at Wellington Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please note: Our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements to volunteer. For op shops the minimum age is 15 years. For volunteering at a centre, please enquire with them directly if you are under 16 years of age. You may need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting. Please be aware that during the application process we will ask about any medical conditions (physical or mental) we need to be aware of to ensure your safety while volunteering for us.