We are looking for volunteers to help us care for our dogs!
This role requires a good level of fitness as the work we ask our canine volunteers to do can be quite strenuous. You will need to be confident with handling large dogs and you must be willing to walk dogs in any type of weather, rain or shine!
This roles tasks include:
- Cleaning dog pens.
- Socializing dogs and puppies.
- Assisting our canine attendants with their daily tasks.
- Preparing meals for the dogs.
- Doing laundry.
- Washing dishes.
- Walking dogs.
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident with handling dogs.
- Are hardworking and reliable.
- Have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Have a high level of attention to Health and Safety
- Are at least 18 years old.
We need volunteers that can understand written and spoken English. We are looking for volunteers that can help anytime between 9am and 3pm.
For: Canine volunteer at Kerikeri Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre or op shop.
Please note: All of our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements to volunteer. For op shop volunteers the minimum age is 15 years. For volunteering at a centre, please enquire with them directly if you are under 16 years of age. You may be need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting.