Op Shop volunteer - Wairau Office Support
Auckland (Hobsonville) Centre
We are looking for volunteers to join our Admin & Office Support Volunteer team in our Wairau Centre on the North Shore of Auckland.
Our Admin & Office Support team supports our Northern 1 Area Teams and Op Shops operating across Auckland Central, Auckland West, Auckland North Shore and our stores in Northland.
Our op shops raise vital funds for SPCA and rely heavily on volunteers to help operate. Together, we can create a better life for New Zealand’s animals.
We have a variety of tasks available which include:
- Customer Service – assisting members of the public who want to donate saleable items to the SPCA (we ask that all our volunteers are able to undertake this task)
- Scheduling – assisting the Area Manager to establish and maintain donation pick up schedules and coordinating schedules with our truck driving team
- Admin – assisting us to keep on top of our office support tasks including printing, laminating and preparing information packs for Op Shops.
And if you’re interested you can also participate in the following:
- Online Team – assist the Online Team with product photography and selling products in our online Op Shop
- Wairau Op Shop – assist the Wairau Op Shop team with customer service and sorting donations
What can we do for you?
- Make you feel great for helping contribute to the humane treatment of animals
- Give you Customer Service and General Office Admin experience
- Spruce up your CV with volunteer work
- Give you a friendly work environment to hone your skills for that great job you are looking for!
What can you do for us?
- Provide a high standard of customer service and office administration tasks
- Help us raise vital funds for animals
- Be your authentic self as part of our support team in our Wairau Centre which supports the successful operation of our Op Shops
- Tell your friends and families about us
Both full and half-day shifts are available Monday to Saturday.
Volunteers must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and some computer literacy skills enough to compose and manage emails and create and edit small-to-medium detail documents and spreadsheets. If you don’t have spreadsheets skills that’s OK, we’ll teach you!
For: Op Shop volunteer - Wairau Office Support at Auckland (Hobsonville) Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre or op shop.
Please note: All of our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements for volunteer jobs. If you are under 16 years of age, please enquire directly with your local centre about volunteer opportunities. You may be need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting.