Volunteer driver - Nelson Centre
We are looking for a reliable volunteer driver to help with pick up and drop offs of donations, animals, take supplies to foster parents and support the work of the animal care team.
Duties could include:
- Running pick-ups/deliveries as needed
- Collecting donations from supermarkets/other businesses
- Delivering supplies to foster families
- Drop off and pick up of animals to and from the vets
- Ensure a safe work environment in line with the SPCA Health and Safety policies; following all safety guidelines, and modelling safe work practice.
Requirements will include:
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- Applicants must possess a full, clean, current NZ driving licence
- Applicants need to be a safe and courteous driver, with reasonable knowledge of the Nelson area
- Have a high level of reliability and initiative
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Applicants need to be physically fit as the work involves frequent bending, reaching, lifting and kneeling.
- Be able to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment
oAble to drive manual and automatic vehicles (SPCA Vehicles will be used)
Shift times are as follows:
Monday – Sunday (8:15am – 10am / 3pm – 4:30pm) *the finishing times may vary
We would love to have people dedicated to both regular shifts as well as being on call.
For: Volunteer driver - Nelson Centre at Nelson Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre or op shop.
Please note: All of our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements for volunteer jobs. If you are under 16 years of age, please enquire directly with your local centre about volunteer opportunities. You may be need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting.