Animal Care Assistant – Cats
We are looking for volunteers to help with the daily work of caring for our cats and kittens.
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident handling animals
- Are hardworking and reliable
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Are at least 16 years old
Tasks may include
- Cleaning animal areas, litter trays and bowls
- Socialising and cuddles with the cats and kittens
- Feeding animals per feeding directions
- Refiling litter trays
- Identifying animals displaying signs of illness
- Follow Health and Safety requirements
- Other tasks as required
We are currently seeking volunteers for this position for:
8.30am- 11.30am daily
These shifts are a guide, and that any time volunteers are available within these shifts is appreciated, they are not required for the entirety of the shift if they aren’t able to
For: Animal Care Assistant – Cats at Hastings Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre or op shop.
Please note: All of our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements for volunteer jobs. If you are under 16 years of age, please enquire directly with your local centre about volunteer opportunities. You may be need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting.