Animal Care Assistant – Cats
We are looking for volunteers to help with the daily work of caring for our cats and kittens.
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident handling animals
- Are hardworking and reliable
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Are at least 16 years old
Tasks may include
- Cleaning animal areas, litter trays and bowls
- Socialising and cuddles with the cats and kittens
- Feeding animals per feeding directions
- Refiling litter trays
- Identifying animals displaying signs of illness
- Follow Health and Safety requirements
- Other tasks as required
We are currently seeking volunteers for this position for:
8.30am- 11.30am daily
These shifts are a guide, and that any time volunteers are available within these shifts is appreciated, they are not required for the entirety of the shift if they aren’t able to
For: Animal Care Assistant – Cats at Hastings Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please note: Our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements to volunteer. For op shops the minimum age is 15 years. For volunteering at a centre, please enquire with them directly if you are under 16 years of age. You may need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting. Please be aware that during the application process we will ask about any medical conditions (physical or mental) we need to be aware of to ensure your safety while volunteering for us.