Animal Care Assistant – Cats
We are looking for volunteers to help with the daily work of caring for our cats and kittens.
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident handling animals
- Are hardworking and reliable
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Are at least 16 years old
Tasks may include
- Cleaning animal areas, litter trays and bowls
- Socialising and cuddles with the cats and kittens
- Feeding animals per feeding directions
- Refiling litter trays
- Identifying animals displaying signs of illness
- Follow Health and Safety requirements
- Other tasks as required
We are currently seeking volunteers for this position for a half day shift on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. As we will invest time training you to do the role, we ask that you be available to commit to a regular shift for a period of at least six months.
If you have any questions, please call us on 06 835 7758.
For: Animal Care Assistant – Cats at Napier Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please note: Our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements to volunteer. For op shops the minimum age is 15 years. For volunteering at a centre, please enquire with them directly if you are under 16 years of age. You may need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting. Please be aware that during the application process we will ask about any medical conditions (physical or mental) we need to be aware of to ensure your safety while volunteering for us.