Animal Care Assistant – Cats
We are looking for volunteers to help with the daily work of caring for our cats and kittens.
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident handling animals
- Are hardworking and reliable
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Are at least 16 years old
Tasks may include
- Cleaning animal areas, litter trays and bowls
- Socialising and cuddles with the cats and kittens
- Feeding animals per feeding directions
- Refiling litter trays
- Identifying animals displaying signs of illness
- Follow Health and Safety requirements
- Other tasks as required
We are currently seeking volunteers for this position for a half day shift on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. As we will invest time training you to do the role, we ask that you be available to commit to a regular shift for a period of at least six months.
If you have any questions, please call us on 06 835 7758.
For: Animal Care Assistant – Cats at Napier Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre or op shop.
Please note: All of our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements for volunteer jobs. If you are under 16 years of age, please enquire directly with your local centre about volunteer opportunities. You may be need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting.