If you love dogs, want to make a difference in their lives and want to get the warm fuzzies, this is the opportunity for you! We are looking for volunteers to help with the daily care of our dogs and puppies while they recover from illness, injury or wait to find their furever homes!
What will be involved:
- Cleaning animal runs
- Taking dogs for walks
- Feeding the animals per feeding instructions
- Identifying animals displaying signs of illness
- Caring for the animals - belly rubs and ear scratches
- Follow Health and Safety requirements
As a canine volunteer you will:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have previous experience with dogs
- A good level of fitness
- Be able to follow instructions
- Be able to take initiative to see what needs doing
- Be reliable and hardworking
- Willing to walk dogs in all weather
This is a very hands-on role that is quite strenuous so a good level of fitness and confidence in handling large dogs is essential. Our doggies also love their walks and require enrichment every day so you must be willing to walk them in all weather. Full training will be provided to successful applicants.
We have morning and afternoon shifts available, seven days a week and a flexible rostering system that we can work in with your schedule. We ask that you can commit to at least three shifts per month (but the more the merrier!).
For: Canine Volunteer at Christchurch Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.