As we quickly approach kitten season we are looking for volunteers to help with the daily care of our furry feline friends. 75% of all adoptions this year have been cats and kittens which means our feline volunteers play a critical role in providing care to so many of the lives that come through the Centre.
What will be involved:
- Cleaning cages
- Feeding animals
- General cleaning of the areas including laundry, mopping, litter trays and dishes
- Providing enrichment and socialisation for our animals
- Lots of kitty snuggles
As a feline volunteer you will:
- Have a love for cats and an awareness of their behaviour
- Be 16 years or older
- Be able to follow instructions
- Be able to take initiative
- Be reliable and hardworking
An onsite induction and hands-on training will be provided to successful applicants, and ongoing opportunities to learn more about the care of our felines.
We have morning and afternoon shifts available, seven days a week and a flexible rostering system that we can work in with your schedule. We ask that you can commit to at least three shifts per month (but the more the merrier!).
For: Feline Volunteer at Christchurch Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.