Feline and small animal volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to help care for our cats and small animals.
What you will be doing:
- Cleaning of pens, emptying and replacing litter trays, washing dishes, washing of bedding.
- Providing water and feeding at scheduled times.
- Socialising timid animals and enriching the lives of residents by petting, grooming and playing.
- Ambulance drivers/ vet runs for cats or kittens with booked appointments or emergencies (vehicle supplied).
- Assistance with ill or injured cats or kittens within isolation or quarantine.
- Overall general duties to assist the Shelter Manager.
- You must be 16 years old to volunteer within the feline units.
All new volunteers will be required to attend an initial Health and Safety induction which includes a tour of the premises. These are held on Sunday afternoons at 1pm.
For: Feline and small animal volunteer at Renwick Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.