Feline and small animal volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to help care for our cats and small animals.
What you will be doing:
- Cleaning of pens, emptying and replacing litter trays, washing dishes, washing of bedding.
- Providing water and feeding at scheduled times.
- Socialising timid animals and enriching the lives of residents by petting, grooming and playing.
- Ambulance drivers/ vet runs for cats or kittens with booked appointments or emergencies (vehicle supplied).
- Assistance with ill or injured cats or kittens within isolation or quarantine.
- Overall general duties to assist the Shelter Manager.
- You must be 16 years old to volunteer within the feline units.
All new volunteers will be required to attend an initial Health and Safety induction which includes a tour of the premises. These are held on Sunday afternoons at 1pm.
For: Feline and small animal volunteer at Renwick Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please note: All of our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements to volunteer. For op shop volunteers the minimum age is 15 years. For volunteering at a centre, please enquire with them directly if you are under 16 years of age. You may need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting.