We are looking for volunteers to help care for our dogs. You must have a calm, gentle, kind, patient manner to work with dogs from a range of situations.
The work we ask our canine volunteers to do is quite strenuous and you must be willing to walk, socialize and train dogs in all weather, frost, rain or shine. You will be required to help with the cleaning of the dog pens, dishes and to walk the dogs once the cleaning is done.
We need volunteers that fit these criteria:
- Commit to at least one 2-4 hour shift per week
- Between the hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm
- A good level of fitness
- Are able to commit for a period of at least six months
- Can understand written and spoken English
- You must be 18 years old to volunteer within the canine units
You must be confident at handling various sizes, breeds and ages of dogs.
For: Canine volunteer at Renwick Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.