Small Animal Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers to help care for our small animals.
In this area you will also look after our rabbits, guinea pigs, mice and rats which includes feeding, cleaning out the hutches and playing with the animals. Full training on how to handle small animals will be provided.
You will be involved in:
- Cleaning cages
- Feeding the animals
- Caring for the animals
- Making sure the outside runs are clean and tidy
- Ensuring animals get time outside.
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Minimum age: 16 years.
- Personal time commitment: You must be able to commit to a regular shift for a period of at least six months.
- Training: you will be required to attend training sessions for your specific area, in addition to receiving training while on-the-job during your shift.
Current shifts available include:
- Morning shifts during the week
For: Small Animal Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.