We are looking for reliable people to help us care for our dogs in our Hamilton centre.
This role requires a good level of fitness and confidence in handling dogs of all sizes and breeds. This role requires a good level of fitness and confidence in handling dogs of all sizes and breeds. This role involves cleaning the dog kennels/yards, doing enrichment activities and walking the dogs.
We need volunteers who are happy working with dogs, can follow the instructions of our staff as well as be happy walking the dogs no matter what the weather as they still need their walkies even in the rain!
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident with handling dogs.
- Are hardworking and reliable.
- Have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Are at least 18 years old.
Tasks may include:
- Cleaning dog runs
- General cleaning of the dog area including laundry, mopping and dishes
- Feeding the dogs and puppies
- Walking and socialising the dogs and puppies
As we will invest time training you to do the role, we ask that you be available to commit to a regular shift for a period of at least six months.
For: Canine volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.