Animal Care Assistant – Dogs
We are looking for reliable people to help us care for our dogs in our Dunedin centre.
This role requires a good level of fitness and confidence in handling dogs of all sizes and breeds. This role involves cleaning the dog kennels/yards, doing enrichment activities and walking the dogs and other tasks as requested.
We need volunteers who are happy working with dogs who usually have some experience with dogs either a family pet or being around dogs, can follow the instructions of our staff as well as be happy walking the dogs no matter what the weather as they still need their walkies even in the rain!
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident with handling dogs.
- Are hardworking and reliable.
- Have excellent verbal communication skills
- Are at least 18 years old.
Tasks may include:
- Cleaning dog runs
- Walking and socialising the dogs and puppies
- Moving dogs around the Centre
- Feeding animals per feeding directions
- Identifying animals displaying signs of illness
- Follow Health and Safety requirements
- Other tasks as required
- Thursday 9am-12pm
As we will invest time training you to do the role, we ask that you be available to commit to a regular shift for a period of at least six months.
If you have any questions, please call us on 03 473 8252 ext 207 and leave a voicemail, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For: Animal Care Assistant – Dogs at Dunedin Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.