We are looking for a reliable volunteer driver to help with pick up and drop offs of donations, sick and injured animals, take supplies to foster parents and support the work of the ambulance drivers at the Centre.
Duties will include:
- Running pick-ups/deliveries as needed
- Collecting donations from supermarkets/other businesses
- Delivering supplies and food parcels to people in the community
- Ensure a safe work environment in line with the SPCA Health and Safety policies; following all safety guidelines, and modelling safe work practice.
Requirements will include:
- Applicants must possess a full, clean, current NZ driving licence
- Applicants need to be a safe and courteous driver, with reasonable knowledge of the Christchurch area
- Have a high level of reliability and initiative
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Applicants need to be physically fit as the work involves frequent bending, reaching, lifting and kneeling.
- Be able to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment
Our drivers are an integral part of our team and we are currently looking for drivers for our weekend team, as well as some flexible drivers to cover shifts during the week
For: Volunteer Driver at Christchurch Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.