Auckland (Mangere) Centre
We need people to help us care for our canines!
This role requires a good level of fitness as the work we ask our canine volunteers to do can be quite strenuous. You will need to be confident with handling large dogs and you must be willing to walk dogs in any type of weather, rain or shine!
This roles tasks include:
- Cleaning dog pens.
- Socializing dogs and puppies.
- Assisting our canine attendants with their daily tasks.
- Walking dogs.
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident with handling dogs or have a strong desire to learn
- Are hardworking, reliable and committed.
- Have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Are available for weekday shifts
You must be able to commit to a regular shift for a period of at least six months. Both morning and afternoon shifts are available:
- (Mon-Fri): Shift start times are 8am or 12pm
Please note that we are only recruiting weekday volunteers. Applications for weekend shifts will not be processed.
For: Canine volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.