Why we recommend pet insurance
When your dog or cat is sick or injured, it’s a stressful time. Pet Insurance can take away some of this stress.
What is pet insurance?
Pet insurance is a policy that helps you to pay for vet bills when your animal is unwell. With the right treatment, your pet’s quality of life can be massively improved, but the downside is that treatment can be very expensive.
Most of us never realise this as New Zealand has such a great healthcare system, but animals don’t have the same luxury. If your pet gets sick or injured, it’s up to you to pay for their treatment. Even simple procedures like a health check or cleaning a wound can cost hundreds of dollars. Emergency treatment like surgeries or blood tests can save your pet’s life but vets often need to ask whether you’re willing to go ahead with them due to the huge cost. It’s heartbreaking that some owners need to say goodbye to their pets if they can’t afford the treatment.
Most owners don’t think about the benefits of pet insurance until they’re faced with a large vet bill that could have been avoided. So, whether you are preparing for a new four-legged addition to your family or looking after an older furry friend, it’s important to consider taking out cover.
About our partner, SPCA Pet Insurance
As a responsible and loving pet owner, you know how much your little pet hero needs regular attention to keep happy and healthy. Training, feeding, grooming and healthcare are ongoing and expensive responsibilities, but you know that by doing this you’ve got a mate for life. Who better to help you with the costs of healthcare than SPCA Pet Insurance?
A trusted partner of SPCA, SPCA Pet Insurance is committed to offering households in New Zealand a way to protect their favourite dog and cat companions. By purchasing a policy you’re not only protecting your fur baby and yourself against the impact of large vet bills, you’re helping support SPCA and vulnerable animals all over New Zealand!
We’re committed to helping pet owners build that strong bond with their cat or dog and believe that every animal is exceptional and needs to be appreciated for who they are – even the mischief makers or rogue runners. With SPCA Pet Insurance, you’ll get reimbursed a portion of eligible vet bills, up to 90% 1 – so if you paid a $1,000 vet bill, you can claim back up to $900 and reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
It’s time to start embracing everything your furry friend has to offer and we want to be a part of that worry-free journey with you.
But, why choose SPCA Pet Insurance?
SPCA Pet Insurance believes that a happy pet makes for a happy owner and that’s why they’re all about letting you say yes to your furry friends more often. Yes, to running in the park, yes to the exciting car ride, and yes to the best possible medical care without worrying about the cost.
When you say yes to lifetime cover with SPCA Pet Insurance you’ll experience the amazing benefits, some of which are listed below:
- Cover for cats and dogs – cover your best mate from 8 weeks and over, and you’ll get back up to 90% of eligible vet bills up to $25,000 a year.1
- Flexible policy options – Choose between three different levels of cover for your pet or budget, from everyday essentials to the best available care.
- Multi-pet discount – Got more than one four-legged friend? Enjoy a 10% discount for every additional cat or dog you insure. The bigger your family, the more you save.
- Made for New Zealanders (and our pets!) – Kiwis have an iconic relationship with their animal companions. That’s why we’re committed to providing cover for the pets (and people) that make this place home.
- Supporting your pet’s community – By purchasing a policy, you’re helping support the great work of SPCA, helping vulnerable animals all over the country. Make your pet proud.
PLUS, you can get 3 months free cover when you adopt your furry mate through SPCA!2
1 Pre-existing conditions are excluded. Terms, conditions, limits, sub-limits and annual condition limits may apply.
2 For full terms and conditions visit spcapetinsurance.co.nz/adoption-offer.