Find a service
Wellington Animal Crew School Holiday Programme140 Alexandra Road, Newtown, Wellington 6021
About our Animal Crew School Holiday Programme
Kids aged 6 years to 15 years are invited to take part in our exciting educational and fun Animal Crew events, which are jam-packed with animal activities.
Can you think of a better way for your young animal lovers to learn about animals, make friends, play outrageous games, and hang out and help some amazing animals all at the same time? At Wellington SPCA’s Animal Crew events, kids can do all of these things.
We are looking for kids who want to build on their love of furry friends by learning how to provide a lifetime of love and care for companion animals. Our Animal Crew programmes are designed to promote kindness and compassion for all animals. Animal Crew combines animal care and behaviour learning activities, team projects, craft activities, and hands-on interactions with animals such as cats, kittens, dogs, rabbits, rats and more!
Holiday School Programme
We offer both full-day and half-day programmes that provide children with a wide variety of animal-related activities. We also create opportunities for children to interact with many types of animals.
In our programmes children learn about cats, dogs, small animals, animal welfare, responsible pet ownership and even animal-based careers.
Whether you enrol your child into our full-day SPCA Adventure or a half-day programme, they will have an amazing educational experience.
A healthy morning / afternoon tea is provided at school holiday programmes.
What to bring
Lunch, a drink bottle, old weather-appropriate clothing, sun / wind protection and sensible shoes.
Children with medical needs such as allergies must bring any required medication and be able to self-medicate. Please let us know if your child has any allergies or special needs.
Full-day SPCA Adventure programme $70.
Half-day programme $35.
Early drop-off / late pick-up
- Early drop-off is available for up to 1 hour before the event is due to start for an additional fee of $8.
- Stays between two half day events are an additional $8.
- Late pick-up is available for up to 1 hour after the event is due to finish for an additional fee of $8.
Three or more discount
Receive a 10% discount when a family makes three or more bookings. Discounts do not apply to Birthday Parties or already discounted events such as the Animal Camp.
Terms and conditions
- Payment is required within 2 weeks of receiving the invoice and can be made via online banking, posting in a cheque with a copy of your invoice, or by cash, cheque or credit card at Wellington SPCA reception. Invoices are under the name of the parent or guardian who registered the child.
- No refunds will be given, but you may postpone your booking provided we are given at least 5 working days’ notice.
- As we organise staffing and materials well in advance of events, and must cover the cost of this, we do not issue refunds for late cancellations or if your child does not attend. If you wish to substitute your child’s attendance for that of another child, we are happy to accommodate this change given the appropriate information and registration of the replacement child.
- Children younger than 6 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children will be involved in hands-on animal care activities. While SPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure safety, individuals participate at their own risk.
- If your child is registered to attend a school holiday programme and has special dietary requirements, please pack an appropriate morning / afternoon tea for them.
- We ask that children come wearing closed-toe walking shoes and old comfortable clothing. Please ensure that your child brings a jacket / sun hat.
- SPCA reserves the right to contact parents and have their child removed if deemed necessary due to behavioural issues. If you have a child with specific behavioural concerns, it may be necessary for an adult to attend with them.
- Photos taken may potentially be used in SPCA publications.