Find a service
Wairoa Snip 'n' Chip
Wairoa Snip 'n' Chip
We are excited to announce SPCA is bringing our desexing campaign, Snip ‘n’ Chip, to Wairoa for the first time!
We are working with participating veterinary clinics to offer discounted desexing and microchipping for cat owners in Wairoa
For a limited time, cat owners in Wairoa can Snip ‘n’ Chip their cat/kitten for just $10. This is a fraction of the full price cost.
Vouchers are limited, so cat owners should visit our participating veterinary clinics today to secure their spot and avoid disappointment. The teams there will be able to answer any questions you have.
These veterinary clinics are:
- Coast Vet Ltd
- Eastland Veterinary Services Wairoa
SPCA has worked hard in recent years to address the problem of too many animals being born unwanted and not living a good quality of life.
Our desexing campaign in Wairoa aims to reach out to those who cannot afford the desexing operation or may not normally consider having their pet desexed to use this opportunity.
It also provides the opportunity for pet owners who do not currently have a local vet to get to know one.
Pet owners have responded extremely well to our other Snip ‘n’ Chip campaigns across New Zealand.
Scientific research has proven that a desexed animal lives a happier and healthier life. They are less likely to get into fights, can be more affectionate and friendly and have a reduced risk of health problems such as cancer.
We believe desexing and microchipping is one of the key ways to improve animal welfare in New Zealand and would like to thank our participating vets in advance for their help with this campaign.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I purchase a Snip ‘n’ Chip voucher?
- You can purchase a Snip ‘n’ Chip voucher by visiting your closest participating vet (listed above) and they will be able to answer any questions you have about the surgery.
What age does my kitten need to be before I can get them desexed?
- This is dependent on the local participating veterinary clinic you visit. Your local participating veterinary clinic will be able to advise you when your kitten is able to be desexed.
My animal is desexed already, can I just get the microchip?
- Yes. you can. Microchipping is a great tool which helps hundreds of lost animals reunite with their owners each year.
My animal is microchipped already, can I just get them desexed?
- Yes, you can. Desexing not only helps your animal live a happy and healthier life, but it helps break the cycle of unwanted litters of animals in our communities.
I just want my cat desexed, do I have to get my animal microchipped as part of this campaign?
- Yes, SPCA supports responsible pet ownership and believe that microchipping your pet is part of this responsibility.
Is this available to other animals like dogs?
- This offer is only available for cats. With limited resources, SPCA must target species where the need is highest. With 80% of SPCA’s incoming animals being cats and kittens, we are targeting cat owners in the area to help them get this vital service.
Is this offer available in other parts of the country?
- Yes, we do have other campaigns running in other parts of the country, please have a look on our website for further information on these campaigns. If you don’t see a campaign near you at this time, please keep an eye out for future campaigns.
We have offered Snip ‘n’ Chip to almost 30 different regions in New Zealand in 2020 alone, but for desexing to be most effective, we need to ensure we are targeting the areas that have the highest need.
If you know someone with a pet that isn’t desexed or microchipped in another region of New Zealand, please encourage them to reach out to their local SPCA or vet who can advise on desexing options in their area.
Does SPCA offer any other free or discounted veterinary services to the public?
- Unfortunately, the SPCA does not offer any other free or discounted veterinary services to the public, simply because we are unable to stretch our resources to cover this, as well as help the stray and unwanted animals that come into our Centres .
Any further treatments or surgeries that your animal may require, over and above the Snip ‘n’ Chip offer we have available, will be at your own cost and agreed upon by yourself and the participating vet.