SPCA Street Appeal 2019
Our SPCA Annual Appeal is back! And we need your help!
Calling all animal lovers! Will you volunteer with team SPCA as a street collector this March? We are hitting the streets of New Zealand between March 4-10 to collect vital funds for animals in need!
Last year our street appeal volunteers raised $335,000 for abused, neglected and injured animals across New Zealand. And this year we desperately need your help to secure a better future for animals in need.
Just a few hours of your time can make such a huge difference. It will help our Inspectors rescue animals, give them love, care, and a warm bed, and will help them find new homes with their loving forever families.
To join our Annual Street Appeal, all you need to do is:
- Gather your friends: both furry and human!
- Register as a volunteer: you can do as little as two hours or longer!
- Help raise as much money as possible
We are collecting in 32 regions across New Zealand, so matter where you are, there will be locations not far from you!
To join Team SPCA at our Street Appeal
- Register as a volunteer here
- Want to start fundraising straight away? Create an online fundraising page here and share with friends and family that won't be able to donate on the day!
We can’t wait to have you on board Team SPCA. For any questions about collection locations, call 09 256 7312 or email email@example.com.
Collecting with dogs
Here at the SPCA, we love our pets just as much as you do. We recognise that animals, especially dogs, are hard to resist and greatly assist in bringing in more donations when out collecting. We fully support collecting with your pets but we ask that you consider your animal’s personality, temperament, age and health before bringing them with you.
DON’T bring your pet with you if it:
- Is scared of children
- Growls when protective or suspicious
- Nips or bites when provoked
- Is not fully vaccinated
- Is unwell
- Is nervous in large crowds
- Barks at strangers
- Does not like being touched
- Is not well mannered (will not sit or lie down when asked)
DO bring your pet with you if it:
- Is fully vaccinated
- Enjoys meeting new people
- Is tolerant of children
- Loves being touched
- Is healthy
- Is well socialised
- Is well mannered (will sit and lie down on command)
When taking your pet collecting with you please remember:
- Fresh water
- A towel or blanket for your pet to sit on
- A favourite toy to prevent boredom
- Regular breaks
- Limit your collection time to 2 hours
Please note that unless you have a Guide Dog, Mobility Dog, Hearing Dog or other certified service animal, as a rule you are not allowed to take your animal indoors at your collection site.