SPCA Moonwalkers Dog Walk - Nelson
Featuring a group walk with your dog, this is the perfect opportunity to get inspired and meet your fellow moonwalkers. There will be extra surprises on the day, making it the perfect way to kick-start your kilometres.
Date: Sunday 4th November
Start time: 10am
Location: Isle Park Main Road, Stoke, Nelson. Entrance off Main Road Stoke or off Hillard Street. Green area in front of Isle House.
Course distance: 1.5km
Ease of course: Easy
Wheelchair/pram accessible: Yes
Offleash areas: None
Parking: Good amounts of parking off Main Road Stoke and off Hilliard Street
Wet weather date: None.
Facilities: Toilets located throughout the park, will be signposted. A café is also located at the park.
Contact: for more information about the Nelson event, contact Donna.email@example.com
- Be sure to have your pedometers and fitness trackers turned on so you can start logging your kilometres!
- Wear sensible walking gear and prepare for wet weather.
- The SPCA encourages all dogs to be fully vaccinated before participating. If you’re not sure, check with your vet.
- For your dog’s safety, and the safety of others, please only bring your dog to the day if they are well socialised and comfortable around big groups of people and dogs.
- All dogs must be onleash.
- There will be a doggy rest station at the start/finish line with extra water, shade and some time-out space for those that need it.
- First aiders and volunteer marshals will be present on the day.
- Your pet pedometer will be available to collect from your nearest event.
These events are exclusively for Moonwalkers and you must have your wristband from your welcome pack to participate.
Check out the details below for your nearest event.
If you can’t make it to your local event, or isn’t one in your area, why not invite some friends to join you and your dog in the first weekend of November to celebrate the launch of Walk Your Dog to the Moon! You can download resources from the resource page to help you plan your own walk. We can also mail you your doggy welcome pack, including your dog’s very own pedometer. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPCA Moonwalkers Dog Walk Checklist:
- Pedometers to count those steps
- Dog bandana
- Water for your dog
- Walking Shoes
- Wristband for each walker
- Collar (with ID tags)
- Leash as the walk will be on leash even in the off-leash areas due the amount of dogs present
Who can attend?
Anyone registered for Walk Your Dog to the Moon can come along to the Moonwalkers events. Make sure to bring your wristband which is in your welcome pack. You can also pick up your doggy pedometer on the day to start counting your dog's kms too. '
Can I take part without a dog?
Yes absolutely, the more the merrier! Remember to bring your wristband to show that you've registered.
How do these events tie into Walk Your Dog to the Moon?
These events are celebrating the launch of our new national fundraising campaign and are an opportunity for you to connect with fellow moonwalkers. We hope attending this event will inspire you to dig in throughout November, collecting kms and raising vital funds for animals that need our help.
How do I fundraise?
Simply share your online fundraising page with friends and family to start collecting donations. You can share this page before November if you're keen maximise your fundraising! There are further tips on how to fundraise in your welcome pack and on the "Resource" page of this website.