Dog Day Care Volunteer
SPCA’s new centre in Hobsonville will soon be open so we are now looking for people to join the volunteer team at this new centre!
Our Hobsonville centre will be used for adopting and fostering animals. There will also be an SPCA-run dog day care on site, with all proceeds from using our facility going to animals in need.
We are looking for reliable people to help us care for client dogs in our dog day care facility. This role requires a good level of fitness and confidence in handling dogs of all sizes and breeds. This role involves monitoring dog behaviour, doing enrichment activities and cleaning when required.
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident with handling dogs both individually and in a pack environment
- Are hardworking and reliable
- Have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Have a good level of fitness
- Are at least 18 years old
Tasks may include:
- Assisting with the pickup/drop off process by walking dogs from front reception to the canine area when they arrive
- Greeting customers
- Assisting with enrichment activities
- Assisting with feeding
- Working alongside the canine attendant to manage dogs and ensure appropriate behaviour
- Assisting with nap time
- Cleaning in the canine area as required
- Laundry duties
Tasks and the nature of those tasks may vary dependant on the time of day you choose to volunteer.
As we will invest time training you to do the role, we ask that you be available to commit to a regular four hour shift every week, for a period of at least six months.
There are three weekday timeslots available (the Doggy Day Care is not open in the weekend):
- Morning: 7:00am – 11:00am
- Midday: 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Evening: 3:00pm – 7:00pm
If you have any questions, please contact our volunteer team on 09 2567304, or email us on email@example.com
For: Dog Day Care Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.