Customer Service Volunteer
SPCA’s new centre in Hobsonville will soon be open so we are now looking for people to join the volunteer team at this new centre!
Our Hobsonville centre will be used for adopting and fostering animals. There will also be an SPCA-run dog day care on site, with all proceeds from using our facility going to animals in need.
If you would like to help the animals but don’t want to play a hands-on role, becoming a Customer Service volunteer may be for you.
We are looking for people to meet, greet, and support our customers. Volunteers in this area also help with tasks such as sorting donated items and laundry.
We need volunteers who:
- Have good customer service skills
- Are outgoing and confident
- Are friendly and have a positive attitude
- Have excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Are at least 18 years old
Tasks may include:
- Customer service
- Helping with general enquiries and directing customers to the relevant areas
- Supporting our Customer Care staff where needed
- Handling and sorting donated items from the public
- Laundry duties for animal areas
- Cleaning as required (e.g. spot cleaning foyer, litter trays, etc.)
As we will invest time training you to do the role, we ask that you be available to commit to a regular four hour shift every week, for a period of at least six months.
Both morning and afternoon shifts are available:
- Morning shift: 8:30am -12:00pm
- Afternoon shift: 12:00pm -3:30pm
If you have any questions, please phone us on 09 256 7304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For: Customer Service Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.