Inspectorate Support Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to help out our Inspectors
This role involves driving and accompanying the Inspectors in response to investigate animal welfare complaints.
This roles tasks include:
You will act as a second set of eyes, ears and hands for an Inspector, as well as allowing them to complete tasks such as searching our database, writing notes, and making phone calls on the way to and from jobs to make the best use of their time. You may be accompanying the Inspectors onto properties, and you may be on the phone, relaying details to the SPCA Centre as the Inspector carries out their role. There may also be tasks including vehicle checks, restocking vehicles, scanning documents etc.
We need volunteers who:
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Be able to handle animals confidently and comfortably
- Are at least 21 years old
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Hold a clean, full New Zealand driving license and be confident driving large MANUAL vehicles
- Have the physical abilities needed to carry out the role effectively
- Work effectively within a team environment
Volunteer shifts are available Monday to Sunday, 9am - 3pm.
If you have any questions, please email our team on Caitlin.firstname.lastname@example.org
For: Inspectorate Support Volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.