Small Animals Volunteer
We are looking for people who are rabbit lovers! Volunteers in this area are responsible for the feeding, cleaning and socialising of our rabbits, guinea pigs and other small animals.
What will be involved:
- Cleaning cages, hutches, aviaries
- Feeding animals
- General cleaning of the areas including laundry, mopping, litter trays and dishes
- Providing enrichment and socialisation for our animals
As a small animals volunteer you will:
- Have a love for animals
- Be 17 years or older
- Be able to follow instructions
- Be able to take initiative
- Be reliable and hardworking
The following shifts are available
Morning: 9am - 12pm
If you are interested in this role, please apply below.
For: Small Animals Volunteer at Dunedin Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please note: All of our centres have minimum age requirements for volunteer jobs. If you are under 16 years of age, please enquire directly with your local centre about volunteer opportunities. You may be need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting.