Foster & Volunteer Assistant
Auckland (Mangere) Centre
We are looking for volunteers to help with day-to-day tasks in our foster and volunteer department.
You will be involved in a range of duties such as:
- Stocking the Foster Office with supplies for foster animals
- Cleaning items returned by Foster Parents- e.g. bowls, litter trays, scratching posts
- Making up supply packs for animals going to foster
- Cleaning the foster laundry
- Stocking handouts given to Foster Parents
- Assisting with the care of neonatal kittens
- Occasionally assisting with the organisation of the Centre’s storeroom
- Basic administration including scanning, sorting, and filing paperwork
Available times (throughout the summer season)
- Weekly shifts either morning or afternoons, start times can be flexible as needed
Applicants need to be 16 years or over. Some items can be heavy, so you must be ok with lifting and manual handling. Duties may change as you gain experience and confidence in the volunteer role.
For: Foster & Volunteer Assistant at Auckland (Mangere) Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.