Op Shop Home volunteer - Manukau
Auckland (Mangere) Centre
Our Manukau Op Shop specialty 'Home Store' will raise vital funds for SPCA, and we rely heavily on volunteers to help operate the shop. Can you help?
Some of the tasks involved include:
- Receiving, sorting, and cleaning incoming donated goods
- Visual merchandising goods on the shop floor
- General housekeeping duties
- Customer service
- Setting up themed room displays within the shop floor, e.g. bedroom and lounge settings
- Sizing up incoming donated sheets, e.g. single, king single, double, queen, king, super king
- Assisting our donation truck drivers, and support in any heavy lifting of furniture and large goods
What can we do for you?
- Make you feel great for helping contribute to the humane treatment of animals
- Give you Customer Service and Cash Handling experience
- Spruce up your CV with volunteer work
- Give you a friendly work environment to hone your skills for that great job you are looking for!
What can you do for us?
- Provide a high standard of customer service
- Help us raise vital funds for animals
- Take pride in the presentation of our shops
- Tell your friends and families about us
Times and days available:
We are looking for people who can kindly commit to a certain amount of hours per month. Both half days and full day shifts are available for:
Download the Position Description for more details.
For: Op Shop Home volunteer - Manukau at Auckland (Mangere) Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre or op shop.
Please note: All of our centres and op shops have minimum age requirements for volunteer jobs. If you are under 16 years of age, please enquire directly with your local centre about volunteer opportunities. You may be need to provide an up-to-date Ministry of Justice check prior to starting.