Animal Therapy Volunteer
Animal therapy volunteers take specially selected SPCA animals to members of the community who would benefit from the companionship of our animals and volunteers.
Help us help our community
Our animal therapy volunteers go into the community to bring comfort and joy to residents and patients of rest homes and hospices. We are looking for safety conscious, outgoing people who enjoy interacting with both people and animals.
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- Personal time commitment: we are looking for volunteers who can commit to a minimum of two visits per month, on weekdays, for a minimum of six months. Each visit takes approximately two hours to complete.
- Training: ·on-the-job training will be provided and you will be paired with another volunteer initially.
- Transport: ·you will need to have your own well maintained, currently registered and warranted reliable vehicle to use for these visits.
- Police check: required for this position.
What can we do for you?
- Give you animal handling, community support, and networking opportunities.
- Make you feel great for helping the community and animals in need.
- Spruce up your CV with volunteer work.
For: Animal Therapy Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.