Canine volunteer – adult dogs
Do you love dogs? Volunteers work with our adult canines and help clean, feed and care for them in our centres.
Help us improve the lives of dogs in our care.
Volunteers work with, and must be confident handling, our adult dogs, who come in all shapes and sizes. Some of these dogs come to us with little or no training. Work in our adult dog run includes cleaning the dog rooms and the dog exercise yard, feeding the orphan dogs, and providing toys and attention.
- Minimum age: 18 years.
- Personal time commitment: You must be able to commit to a regular shift for a period of at least six months.
- Training: you will be required to attend training sessions for your specific area, in addition to receiving training while on-the-job during your shift.
- Experience: to work with the adult dogs you will need previous experience with dogs.
Current shifts available include:
- Weekday shifts from Monday to Friday: 8am - 12pm, 12 - 3pm, or 3-5pm
- Weekend shifts on Saturday or Sunday: 8am -12pm
For: Canine volunteer – adult dogs
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.