Rabbitry and small animals volunteer
Auckland (Mangere) Centre
We are looking for people who are rabbit lovers! Volunteers in this area are responsible for the feeding, cleaning and socialising of our rabbits, guinea pigs and other small animals.
They help us provide enrichment for the animals we are looking after and greet the customers that visit our Rabbitry. Once fully trained these volunteers assist us by grooming our rabbits and guinea pigs too!
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident handling rabbits, or keen to learn
- Are friendly, hardworking and reliable
- Have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- You must be able to commit to a regular weekday shift for a period of at least six months
- Are able to commit to a weekly four hour shift for a period of at least six months. Shifts are strictly limited and are available Mon-Fri, shift times are
Both morning and afternoon shifts are available:
- Morning: 8.30am-12pm
- Afternoon: 12.30pm-4pm
Please note that we do not currently have weekend shifts available in our rabbitry.
For: Rabbitry and small animals volunteer at Auckland (Mangere) Centre
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.