Rabbitry and small animals volunteer
We are looking for people who are rabbit lovers! Volunteers in this area are responsible for the feeding, cleaning and socialising of our rabbits, guinea pigs and other small animals.
They help us provide enrichment for the animals we are looking after and greet the customers that visit our Rabbitry. Once fully trained these volunteers assist us by grooming our rabbits and guinea pigs too!
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident with handling rabbits
- Are friendly, hardworking and reliable
- Have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Are at least 18 years old.
You must be able to commit to a regular four-hour shift for a period of at least six months.
Both morning and afternoon shifts are available:
- Monday morning, start time is 8:30am
- Tuesday afternoon, start time is 12.30pm
- Wednesday afternoon, start time is 12.30pm
- Thursday morning, start time is 8:30am
- Thursday afternoon, start time is 12.30pm
- Friday morning, start time is 8:30am
- Friday afternoon, start time is 12.30pm
- Limited availability on the weekend (Sat/Sun): Shift start times are 8:15am or 12:15pm
For: Rabbitry and small animals volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.