Cat ward volunteer
We are looking for people to volunteer in Cat Ward! Our Cat Ward is the first stop for cats when they arrive at our centre. This area is not open to the public. Volunteers working in Cat Ward will help with feeding cats and cleaning their cages.
This is a busy area as cats are coming in and going out all day, so you need to have a reasonable level of fitness. The cat cages in the room are at a range of different heights so you also need to be able to bend comfortably.
We need volunteers who:
- Are confident with handling cats.
- Are hardworking and reliable.
- Have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Are at least 18 years old.
You must be able to commit to a regular four-hour shift for a period of at least six months. Both morning and afternoon shifts are available on the following days:
- Tuesday morning, start time 8:30am
- Tuesday afternoon, start time 1pm
- Wednesday afternoon, start time 1pm
For: Cat ward volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.