Call Centre Volunteer
We are looking for volunteers who can provide a first rate telephone response service to SPCA customers.
A key component of this role is effectively dispatching field staff to welfare and rescue jobs however, you will also operate as a critical link between customers and SPCA staff in general.
Volunteers in our call centre are responsible for delivering excellent customer service and providing accurate information and advice to both external customers and internal SPCA staff.
We need volunteers who:
- Have excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Have a strong customer service focus and strong listening skills.
- Are confident at talking to the general public, hardworking and reliable.
- Have sound computer skills (e-mail, internet and Microsoft Office).
- Are non-judgemental and professional in stressful situations.
- Can think laterally and have a passion for problem solving.
- Have a friendly and professional in approach.
- Are able to calm potential volatile situations and work under pressure with competing priorities.
- Are at least 18 years old.
You must be able to commit to a regular 4 or 8 hour shift for a period of at least 12 months.
- Days available: Monday-Sunday.
- Start time: between 8:30am and 1pm.
For: Call Centre Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the SPCA. Volunteers are a vital part of the SPCA team and we simply couldn't do the work we do without the large number of volunteers who donate their time to help the animals.
Please fill out this form as completely as you are able. If you need assistance, please call the team at your local SPCA Centre.