Donate your tax rebate
Many people choose to donate their tax rebate to SPCA as it is an easy way to give a little bit extra to New Zealand's animals in need.
How to transfer your tax rebate
- Visit the IRD Website
- Complete an IR526 form
- In Box 10 of this form, enter SPCA New Zealand’s IRD number (043-731-793)
- Under ‘Name of person receiving the tax credit’, write ‘SPCA New Zealand’
- Enter the year
- In Box 11, choose the amount you’d like to transfer (this can be all or part of the rebate)
- Staple your donation receipts to the back of the form.
- Send your completed IR526 form (with donation receipts) to the Inland Revenue Department.
- Your rebate will be transferred to our IRD number and then paid directly into our bank account
If you would like a tax receipt for the amount you have transferred so that you can claim a further rebate on this amount next year please, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Tax Rebate Donation’ in the subject line and the following included in your email:
- IRD number
- Amount transferred