How to make a cat tent?
A cat tent is a great idea for helping a cat settle into a new home as it provides a safe place to rest.
You will need:
- one medium t-shirt
- one 40×40cm piece of cardboard
- two wire hangers
- safety pins
- wire cutters or pliers.
- Cut the hooks off both the hangers and straighten the wire to form two arcs.
- Cross the wire arcs over at the centre and tape them together.
- Poke a hole into each corner of the cardboard.
- Poke the wire ends through the holes in the corner of the cardboard, to form a tent-like structure.
- Bend the ends of the wire down and tape flat against the cardboard so the wire structure stays in place.
- Pull the t-shirt up over the tent frame so that the neck hole is in the front, and the bottom of the shirt at the back.
- Fold up the bottom of the shirt so that the neck hole is tight, and safety pin the bottom in place. Do the same with the sleeves.